Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Little About Myself - True Agnosticism

As a child, I was raised to believe in contradictory religious systems; in one hand, those of God; in the other, those not of god; both, knowingly or not, preaching their views relentlessly. Conflicted, I began researching a variety of religions and philosophies on my own for nothing more than clarification. What I discovered was nothing less than a revelation.

Through my continued research that revelation has become all the more apparent and quite supported: I am truly agnostic; and I have come to accept this realization because I am able to admit that I simply don’t know the answer. There is, however, much more to being a true agnostic than many may even know: a true agnostic is very much a contemporary pilgrim; whose spiritual expedition is very much a journey for the answer… True agnostics, such as me, actually want to find the answer and actively pursue it…

No comments: